The cloud coyotes howled in the moonlight. And Snow Woman comes to put the world to rest for winter. She frosts the fields, stills the stream, and brushes the last brittle leaves from the trees. Last of all, she sends one small reluctant bear scampering off to his warm winter den. Then, having tucked each creature in, Snow Woman blankets the earth in white.
Reminiscent of Native American legend, One Cold Night glows with the magic of the coming of winter.
One Cold Night is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn. The app is based on Claire Ewart s book by the same name.
KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Learn about the Native American tradition through this mythical tale of Winter
-Teach kids about the characteristics of Winter season
-Learn about new animals through the story
EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- How many seasons are there in a year?
- Which is your favorite season? Why?
- What type of clothes do people wear in Winters? (e.g., boots, sweaters, cap, gloves, etc.)
ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in Read Myself mode (almost like training wheels for new readers)
THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
One Cold Night is a free trial software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2012-03-01. The program can be installed on iOS.
One Cold Night (version 1.0.4) has a file size of 51.59 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.